Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Pledge Involving Homemade Cleaners

Pledge, the best definition that will fit what I am about to commit to do,(according to Webster): a binding promise or agreement to do...

I am committing to not cleaning with ammonia again!

The main reason for this is, I have a male cat, and I had to deal with him spraying (near an area I cleaned with ammonia, and water), and I would rather give up cleaning with ammonia in the hopes of deterring the cat from spraying.

Ammonia is safe to clean with, but when breathing it in it can cause one to coughm nose to get sore, and lungs to feel sore. This is another reason for giving up ammonia based cleaner. I at first diluted my ammonia based products, but now feel the need to give them up (yes they still clean as well diluted=saving money).

Ammonia is good for sanitizing, and giving one notion that something is clean through the smell of ammonia in the air.

So now that I pledge to give ammonia up, what is to replace it?

Well....Vinegar!

Vinegar sanitizes just as well as ammonia, and cleans just as well too! The smell also is not harsh on the lungs, and once the vinegar dries, one's house does not smell like "pickles" anymore.

So that is my Go Green task of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment