Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Homemade Foaming Soap

So I remember when foam soap become a "hit", or as others would call it a must have! I will admit, I think foam soap is a nice invention....and sadly to say a rip off, and now I know how to make it far cheaper than it cost to buy it.

I have thought about this one for awhile (what is so special about that watery substance that comes out as a foam), and finally read what I have thought all along....this is one of the biggest rip offs of all time!

The secret...THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THAT WATERY SUBSTANCE. That substance is exactly as I have stated, a watered down version of soap (and I have always watered down my soap to wash hands). All one needs to do to save money on hand soap...just buy one foam dispenser, and use it accordingly. It is an initial cost, but in the long run will SAVE! After the store bought foam soap is used, all one needs is a bottle of refill soap, warm water, and (optional-if not good at eyeballing) measuring spoons....

On to the recipe...this is so simple I feel robbed.

1TBSP of soap
Warm water to fill it up ALMOST to the top...leave some room

Pump a few times to get the foam!

This recipe can be used for face wash....I will admit I bought Biore's foam face wash, and feel robbed...I will make my own foam face wash from now on.

This can also be used to wash a few dishes at the sink.

This inventive concept has made some one tons of money, and now knowing how to make your own will save you TONS of money!

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention to shake soap and water to make it a homogeneous mixture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved the foam soaps. Just never was able or had the time to find out how to be able to use them after the initial soap ran out, so I have just tossed it away.

    I agree - I feel robbed too! I also use Biore's foam face wash! And now that I know how to continue using the packaging, I'll make my own!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete